23 Dec Merry Matrimony
‘Tis The Season For Proposals!
100,000 people pop the question over the Christmas season, that’s a third of all engagements in 2018!
There is nothing more memorable than a little velvet box containing an engagement ring underneath the tree, with Christmas Eve being the most popular day of the year to pop the question. 31% of Christmas proposals are made on Christmas Eve, and 19% of proposals are made on New Year’s Eve, but only 12% are on Valentine’s Day!
Christmas is all about love, family, enjoying the spirit of Christmas and sharing those special moments, and is why it is perfect for going down on one knee and asking the love of your life to become your husband or wife.
Jonny & Gwen’s dream Christmas wedding – https://www.edinburghfirst.co.uk/for-weddings-and-celebrations/jonny-and-gwens-dream-christmas-wedding/
Will You Merry Me?
So, if you are asking that important question, “Will you Merry Me?” consider these quirky little ideas:
- In the snow – Take advantage of winter weather and hide the ring in the snow – but use a marker so you don’t forget where you’ve hidden it!
- A series of gift boxes growing smaller, all with little heart-felt gifts inside with the ring contained in the very last box!
- Under the tree – Hang the ring from a bough on the Christmas tree for your loved one to discover on Christmas morning.
- How about in the bottom of a tin of chocolates, or better still disguise it as a Ferrer Rocher!
- Make a proposal advent calendar with a special little memory behind each door with the ring behind door number 25.
- Treasure Hunt – plan a small treasure hunt with a series of clues leading
TOP TIP – Do not hide it in the Christmas pudding, there is no romance in an unexpected trip to A&E!
A Christmas Proposal can only mean one thing – a Christmas Wedding!
Put my two favourite things together, romantic movies and Christmas, and what do you get? Warner Brothers version of the Irving Berlin musical, White Christmas, my all-time favourite Christmas movie, treat yourself and watch it this yuletide!
A magical Christmas wedding could include:
- Christmas card invitations
- Arriving in a sleigh
- Bouquets full of holly and ivy
- Snowflake decorations
- Cracker favours
- Candles, cinnamon sticks and mulled wine
- An amazing Christmas tree
- And of course, a Christmas wedding would not be complete without a Santa Celebrant! After all, my middle name is Christmas!
Huge congratulations if you unwrap a little velvet box on Christmas day, and please get in touch to find out how I can weave your proposal story into your marriage ceremony. It will celebrate your fairy-tale proposal, it will be a handcrafted, beautiful, unique and personalised ceremony, conducted in front of all your family and friends, any venue, anywhere and anytime you wish – including Christmas Day! I will wave my magic wand, (parker pen!), and become your Celebrant Fairy Godmother to make all your ceremony dreams come true!
With Love KB